Monday, February 20, 2012

Why?

I'm doing this for a number of reasons, sadly, none of which really involve public consumption.
For one, I need a way to note interesting items to refer back to. Saving a to-do list on one computer isn't good enough anymore (I'll need to see it elsewhere sooner or later). Google Reader's Shared Items feature used to be useful to me, but Google seems determined to butcher all of their other services to promote Google Plus.

I'm not thrilled about investing more time into Blogger knowing that Google could hack up Blogger the same way they did Reader, but it's better than nothing. I also like knowing that the odds of Google going out of business are very low. This insignificant note could be here for decades if Google keeps offering Blogger the same way. Sure, delicious could be better for saving interesting links, but the odds of them suddenly disappearing are much higher.

This also will be widely scattered, at random, across topics that catch my eye. That probably won't be terribly useful to anyone else, but the idea is to grab things on any topic of interest to me. It's not for you, it's for me. Sorry.

No comments: